DATE: Thursday 23 May 2019: 4pm (1hr)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
This webinar will help candidates prepare for the AQA A Level Biology Paper 3. There will be a strong focus during the session on what examiners are looking for in an outstanding essay and how to gain the highest marks on it. Students will receive guidance through worked examples of how to tackle questions covering the critical analysis of practical techniques on Paper 3.
BENEFITS OF THIS WEBINAR
- Focus on how to succeed on the key skills and question types required for Paper 3
- Understand the common mistakes that students make in Paper 3 and how to avoid making them
- Examine answers demonstrating how to tackle the essay question and ensure high marks
- Review the best way for tackling synoptic and questions covering practical techniques on Paper 3
- Opportunities for students to ask questions and receive feedback
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- All students taking A-level Biology with AQA
- This webinar will be of benefit to students studying with other awarding bodies
Michael has been an examiner for 15 years and has worked in post 16 education for 23 years, initially as an A-level Biology Tutor before progressing to Head of Department and finally STEM and Quality Initiatives Manager. He has had a positive effect on student’s aspirations and achievement; his Learner Voice results are always very positive and examination results have been consistently above benchmark for all KPI’s with excellent value added.
As a Head of Department he completed an ‘Exceeding Expectations’ management training course and is a strong and effective leader. His Science provision was chosen as part of OFSTED’s Good practice survey: Improving Sciences in Colleges. Michael was then seconded to another campus to improve science results and turned around the department within 12 months. During this time his college also reached the finals of the National STEMNET Awards for three consecutive years.