DATE: Monday 13 May 2019: 4pm (1hr)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Provide your students with a final boost on the key topics for their exam preparation, with this focused one-hour webinar on AQA GCSE Psychology Paper 2.
This webinar includes a set of notes which will be sent in advance for teachers to use with their students and which students will be able to use after the webinar to improve their exam revision.
This interactive webinar will provide your students with:
- A focus on the most challenging areas of the paper 2 topics, including:
- accurate evaluation of approaches
- plasticity and functional recovery
- inferential statistics
- Guidance on when and how to best use the different tests named in the specification to gain the highest marks.
4.00 pm – Introduction, welcome and sound check
4.05 pm – Approaches and Biopsychology: Tips for the content students struggle with
- Accurate use of terminology when evaluating approaches
- Distinguishing between plasticity and functional recovery
- Memorising examples of localisation and lateralisation
4.25 pm – How to answer key questions on Paper 2
- A framework for answering Paper 2 questions
- Tips for Paper 2 8 mark questions, with lessons learned from summer 2018
4.35 pm Activity
- Analysing student responses
4.45 pm Inferential statistics: Tips for the content students struggle with
- Factors affecting the choice of tests
- When to use each test named on the specification to achieve high marks
4.55 pm Activity – reviewing student responses
- Probability and significance
- Type 1 and 2 errors
5.00 pm Final questions and close
Emma has been teaching and achieving consistently Sig+ outcomes in Psychology at both GCSE and A Level for over 10 years. She is currently Assistant Headteacher in charge of School Improvement at The McAuley Catholic High School. A BPS Chartered teaching and Research Psychologist and Specialist Leader of Education (SLE) for a Teaching School Alliance, Emma delivers CPD in her own school, local authority and has previously delivered on behalf of the ATP and NSLC. She is an enthusiastic presenter who loves developing new resources and has previous experience as an examiner for AQA.