DATE: Wednesday 20 November 2019 4pm (1hr)
Wednesday 29 April 2020 4pm (1hr)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Provide your students with a boost on the crucial exam skills and knowledge for Paper 1 of the AQA A-Level Spanish exam (also useful for AQA AS Level Spanish).
This webinar includes a set of notes which will be sent in advance for teachers to use with their students and which students will be able to use after the webinar to improve their exam revision.
This interactive webinar will provide your students with a focus on the most challenging areas of the Paper 1 topics, including:
- writing concise and accurate summaries
- strategies to meet Examiners’ expectations to gain the highest AO3 marks in the summaries
- translating accurately into Spanish and English
- dealing with complex and higher-level grammar
- responding effectively in writing to listening and reading material
BENEFITS OF THIS WEBINAR
- Access last minute exam technique tips to support you to achieve the very best result
- Gain exceptional understanding of the most challenging areas of Paper 1
- Obtain top level strategies for producing excellent answers to summary questions
- Focus on what makes top mark band translations and pitfalls to avoid
- Best practice revision tips and guidance from an AQA expert
- A set of revision resources that will be sent in advance of the course that you will be able to use immediately to support your independent studies
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- All students of AQA A-level Spanish
Introduction, welcome and sound check
- Key listening and reading skills and practice – what do the examiners want?
- Precise responses to target language questions: getting the A and A* grades
Answering summary questions really well
- Maximising AO3 marks
- Manipulating grammar to respond concisely
- Analysing student responses – why do these get high marks?
- Translation into English: how to gain easy marks and those top grades
- Translation into Spanish: maintaining accuracy and dealing with complex grammar
- Marking and analysing example translations.
Samantha is an experienced teacher of Spanish and French with extensive experience as Head of Department and an MA in Education. She specialises in teaching Spanish at both GCSE and A Level and has been involved in authoring resources for both Nelson Thornes (OUP) and Pearson. She is an examiner for A Level and has been heavily involved with the PGCE course at the University of Cumbria, including mentoring trainee teachers. Samantha has worked in both state and independent schools and she is an experienced presenter with a passion for using the target language in the classroom, as well as using technology to enhance teaching and learning.