DATES: Thursday 5 December 2019 4pm
Monday 4 May 2020 4pm
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Provide your students with a final boost in their exam preparation, with this focused one-hour webinar on AQA GCSE History Paper 1.
This webinar includes a set of notes which will be sent in advance for teachers to use with their students and which students will be able to use after the webinar to improve their exam revision.
This interactive webinar will provide your students with:
- Confidence to tackle successfully the difficult Utility and ‘Write an Account’ questions, which caused difficulties in 2018
- Increased understanding of how to access command words such as ‘Convincing’ and use historical knowledge appropriately
- Extended skills for the 8, 12 and 16 mark questions on Paper 1
- Knowledge of what AQA examiners are looking for so that students can gain the highest grades
This webinar is relevant to all Paper 1 options.
Welcome, introductions and sound check
Paper 1 Section A
- Answering interpretations questions
- How to use contextual knowledge for top marks
- What does ‘convincing’ mean to the examiner
- Answering 12 and 16 mark questions
- Analyse examples of student answers
Paper 1 Section B
- Tackling source-based questions
- Answering the ‘How useful’ question
- Answering the ‘Write an Account’ question
- Comparative answers exercise
Dr Paul Johnson
Paul is an experienced examiner, Deputy Head and trainer with more than 35 years’ teaching experience in a range of educational contexts. He is a Senior Examiner with a leading examination board, a former Principal Moderator and the author of a number of text books and articles on the craft of history teaching. He could recently be heard on BBC radio giving advice on Revision Hacks for parents and students.