DATES: Tuesday 5 May 2020 4pm (1hr)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Provide your students with a final boost in their exam preparation, with this focused one-hour webinar on AQA GCSE History Paper 1.
This webinar focuses on answering Historic Environment/similarity questions, how to make the top bands in graded answers which demonstrate how to achieve the high level thinking in the papers.
This interactive webinar will provide your students with:
- Successful approaches to revising and answering Historic Environment questions
- Increased confidence on answering Similarity questions to attain the highest marks
- Understanding of how to get into the top mark bands in all answers, including the use of synoptic skills
- Graded answers which demonstrate how to achieve high level thinking across the Paper 2 topics and question types
This webinar is relevant to all options.
4.00pm – Welcome, introductions and sound check
4.05pm – Paper 2 Section A
- Answering thematic studies questions – what the examiners are looking for
- How to answer the ‘Similarity’ question to the highest level
- Analyse graded student answers
4.30pm – Paper 2 Section B
- Revising the Historic Environment
- Answering the Historic Environment question to reach the top mark bands
- Analysing student answers which demonstrate high level thinking
- Guidance on how to answer all of the questions on the British Depth topic
5.00pm – Final questions and close
Dr Paul Johnson
Paul is an experienced examiner, Deputy Head and trainer with more than 35 years’ teaching experience in a range of educational contexts. He is a Senior Examiner with a leading examination board, a former Principal Moderator and the author of a number of text books and articles on the craft of history teaching. He could recently be heard on BBC radio giving advice on Revision Hacks for parents and students.