DATE: Wednesday 01 May 2019: 4pm (1hr)
- Lessons from the 2018 examinations
4.10 Paper 1
- The challenge of natural hazards unit with reference to responses to hazards; UK weather event
- The living world – opportunities and challenges, hot deserts and cold environments
- Questions about landforms – the importance of processes and sequence when answering questions about landforms
- The importance of skills – these are worth 60 marks across all three papers.
Dealing with the high tariff questions – responding to questions with commands, Discuss, Suggest and Explain
- Paper 2
- The urban issues and challenges unit – challenges and opportunities in LIC/NEE city
- The changing economic world – how tourism can help reduce the development gap.
- Food, water or energy
- Using resources provided within the paper to support answers – how to make the best use of images, maps and graphs
Dr Keith Bartlett
Keith is a highly experienced and nationally renowned trainer, former Senior Teacher and Head of Department for Geography. He is a specification writer and fieldwork specialist. Keith was Principal Moderator for legacy GCSE Geography and is a senior examiner for the current GCSE course. He is also an author of numerous Geography textbooks.