DATE:Monday 24 February 2020: 4pm (1hr)
Thursday 7 May 2020 4pm
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Provide your students with a final boost in their exam preparation, with this focused one-hour webinar on the Pearson Edexcel History Paper 3.
This webinar includes a set of notes which will be sent in advance for teachers to use with their students and which students will be able to use after the webinar to improve their examination revision.
This interactive webinar will provide your students with:
- Evaluating sources for a depth study
- Understanding of how to deal with focus and balancing factors for depth studies
- An insight in the standards expected by the examiners with specific references to recent Examiner Reports
- Ideas on how to write detailed, yet concise essays in examination conditions.
Welcome, introductions and sound check
Part 1: Source evaluation
- Identifying exactly what are you being asked to do
- What is valid criteria – helping make a judgement
- How to structure your answer – what are the examiners looking for
Part 2: Depth study essays
- Dealing with focus of the question
- Balancing factors in your answer
- Avoiding common pitfalls in your answer
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All students of Pearson Edexcel A-level History
Alana is an experienced examiner and Head of History, with ten years experience as Head of Department and over twenty years teaching experience in range of educational contexts. She is a Senior Examiner with a leading examination board in addition to being a moderator and examiner for various boards. She has acted as a Subject Reviewer for the CCEA and Ofqual, and has presented at GCSE student conferences.