ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Paper 1: Biological Psychology
This interactive webinar is designed for teachers of Psychology across all exam boards and will provide a particular focus on one of the most challenging areas of the A level – Biological Psychology.
The session will provide essential tips on what the examiners are looking for and pitfalls to avoid, from an experienced senior examiner’s point of view.
The session will give you the opportunity to take away concrete and proven strategies, so you can return to your classrooms with the ideas, skills and conﬁdence to prepare for teaching.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Access exam technique tips to support you in preparing to achieve the very best results
- Gain in-depth understanding of the most challenging areas of Paper 1
- Obtain top level strategies for producing excellent answers to exam questions on biological psychology
- Focus on understanding tricky biological terminology
- Avoid common faults and mistakes from previous answers on biological psychology
Biological Psychology – teaching the key features
- Ensuring understanding of all the different terms and their importance
- Addressing exam questions on biological psychology
Understanding the process of synaptic transmission
- Getting to know axons and dendrites
- Highlighting the role of neurotransmitters
Methods used in brain scanning
- Case studies of brain damaged patients such as HM and Clive Wearing
- Addressing exam questions, using research evidence for memory
Ali is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors (FCIEA) and has recently had his textbook published by Hodder. He was a Principal Examiner with 13 years experience in writing Psychology exam papers and awarding grades for a major exam board. Ali is a regular speaker at Educational Conferences and has been providing INSET to schools and colleges nationally since 2003.