Dates: Wednesday 25 March 2020 4pm (1hr)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
This webinar is aimed at developing a successful curriculum model, including an insight into the exam papers and how to maximise the chances of your students securing grades 4 or 5.
This webinar includes a set of notes which will be sent in advance for teachers to use with their students and which students will be able to use after the webinar to improve their examination revision.
This interactive webinar will provide you with:
- Examples of successful curriculum models and processes to ensure maximum chance of success
- Knowledge of common mistakes that all students make across both papers
- An understanding of how to structure responses to reach level 3 in AO3 answers
- A framework for answering AO2 application questions
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Heads of PE
- Teachers of OCR GCSE PE
Welcome, introductions and sound check
Part 1: Examples of how to build a successful curriculum model
- The early stages before GCSE
- How best to use your curriculum and non-curriculum time
- Structuring content delivery for each stage
Common mistakes and identifying key words within the question
- Understand common errors that students make but are easy to fix.
- See examples and work through common errors to ensure more marks are achieved
Understanding how to structure extended answers, using good connections and developing a framework that examiners will expect to see
- See and use examples of good structures to help write extended answers
- Understand the marking criteria so learners can structure their answer
- Applying your knowledge – what examiners expect to see
Wayne is currently a Senior Team Leader and Examiner in Sports Studies and Sports Science. He is an experienced head of PE and teacher of all examination courses, including Cambridge Nationals, with proven results of 90% or higher A-C / 5+.