Date: Wednesday 11 November 2020 – 4.30pm – 6:00pm
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Discover the RSL Level 2 Certificate in CaPA. Explore unit choices, possible delivery and assessment strategies, creative ideas and how to apply the assessment criteria. Receive example assignment briefs for internal assessment and discuss the demands of the external assessment.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Know what is expected of a learner for the internal and external assessment and what role you have as the teacher/tutor
- Discover how learners are graded and assessed for both internal and external units
- Explore the qualification and unit choices that are best suited to your centre, learners and their progression routes
- Discover how you can deliver the course with insight from the dance specialist course leader
4:30 – 4:45pm: Getting to Know the RSL Level 2 CAPA Dance Specification
- What is an RSL Level 2 Certificate? Where does it stand?
- Exploring the overview of the course, the units, their weighting and your choices
- Receive an example IV and assessment plan
- How to grade to learning outcomes
4:45- 5:30pm: Exploring Internal unit choices
- Overview of Dance Unit choices available for Level 2, exploring the Unit Content and understanding how the assessment tasks map to the grading criteria
- Receive an example assignment brief and understand other administrative expectations
5:30-5:50pm: The external unit 201 Live Performance
- Ascertaining how the external assessment contribute to the overall achievement of the Level 2 Certificate
- Exploring the unit content, learning outcomes, controlled window timings and expectations for the External Unit
5:50-6pm: Managing your RSL course
- What is a re submission? How this can work in the learners favour.
- Dealing with administration concerns
Justine has taught for over 24 years teaching across all age ranges as teacher, Head of Department, Director, choreographer and consultant (The BRIT School, BHASVIC, South Downs College). She has been a standards verifier for Edexcel’s/ Pearson’s BTEC Level 2 and 3 and was an A Level Dance examiner/moderator. She has written published dance resources for South East Dance, Pavilion Dance South West and Pearson Education and her book ‘Dance Improvisations’ is published by Human Kinetics. She has been involved in the writing of many syllabi for vocational qualifications as well as educational resources for Dance companies. In 2015 she was the Developer/Writer for London Curriculum Dance Module for Sadler’s Wells. She has been devising and delivering continued professional development courses for Keynote Educational since 2005 and was an animateur with Rambert Dance Company for ten years. Justine is well known to dance practitioners as the creator of ‘The Dance Teachers agony aunt’ facebook group providing online support for more than 1600 dance teachers in the UK. She is presently an external expert for OFQUAL.