DATE: Monday 2 December 2019 4pm (1hr)
Tuesday 12 May 2020 4pm (1hr)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
This webinar will provide an opportunity to develop knowledge, application and evaluation on socio-cultural issues in physical activity and sport. The underlying theme of this webinar will be a targeted focus with student example answers and unique strategies to remember and apply challenging topics to a variety of exam questions / assessment objectives. Social and cultural factors shaping the characteristics of sport will be used as a threshold concept by which students can synoptically interleave topics within both emergence and evolution of sport and contemporary issues to allow access to the higher bands of the mark scheme.
BENEFITS OF THIS WEBINAR
- Gain outstanding knowledge of the most challenging area’s from the socio-cultural issues paper
- Receive innovative memory strategies to enhance recall
- Obtain a detailed understanding of what examiners will be looking for
- Access potential linked topic for the synoptic 10 mark question
- A set of revision resources that will be sent in advance of the course
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All students of OCR A-level PE
Wes has been teaching and achieving consistently outstanding outcomes in A level PE for 12 years. Such was the success of these outcomes, he was nominated and shortlisted for the Times Educational Supplement (TES) UK Teacher of the Year award 2017/2018. He is currently head of academic PE and a teaching and learning coordinator at Worcester Sixth Form College. Wes delivers CPD and revision sessions in his own college, local authority and at institutions around the country. He is an enthusiastic presenter who places a big emphasis on memory strategies. He is currently working as an examiner for a major awarding body.