DATE: Thursday 05 March 2020 4pm (1hr)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Provide your students with a final boost on the key topics that have lacked exam coverage in 2018 and 2019 exam series, with this focused one-hour webinar on OCR A Level Physical Education Paper 2.
This webinar will provide an opportunity to develop knowledge, application and evaluation within key topics from the specification. The underlying theme of this webinar will be a targeted focus on concrete examples and unique memorisation strategies to recall and apply challenging topics such as the cognitive learning theory, observational learning theory, operant conditioning and strategies to optimise positive transfer to a variety of exam questions / assessment objectives. The stages of learning will be used as a threshold concepts by which students can synoptically interleave topics within skill acquisition such as guidance, feedback and types of practice to allow access to the higher bands of the mark scheme. The individual differences of personality, attitude and anxiety will also be covered with a unique, exam focused approach.
BENEFITS OF THIS WEBINAR
- Gain outstanding knowledge of the most challenging/unexamined areas from the Psychological Factors paper
- Receive innovative memorisation strategies to enhance recall
- Obtain a detailed understanding of what examiners will be looking for in A02, AO3 questions
- Access potential linked topics for the synoptic 10 mark question
- A set of revision resources that will be sent in advance of the course
- Take away follow up screencast links to aid revision post webinar
Reacting to the 2019 exam series feedback
- Student task to explore and overcome the key exam skill errors of 2019 in preparation for 2020
Memorising challenging areas of the skill acquisition specification with innovative retrieval strategies
- Cognitive learning theory
- Observational learning theory
- Operant conditioning
- Comparing whole and part practice
Using Stages of learning as a threshold concept to evaluate and create synoptic links with other areas of the specification
- Describing the characteristics of the stages of learning and applying to examples
- Use stages of learning to evaluate feedback, guidance and practice
- Understanding potential synoptic 10 mark question links to the stages of learning
Memorising and applying unexamined sport psychology topics
- Personality – Explain and evaluate theories of personality using a simple exam strategy
- Attitude – Retrieval strategies for factors affecting attitude formation and components of attitude
- Anxiety – How to answer questions on the zone of optimal functioning
Question and answer
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All students of A level OCR PE
Wes has been teaching and achieving consistently outstanding outcomes in A level PE for 13 years. Such has been the success of these outcomes, he was nominated and shortlisted for the Times Educational Supplement (TES) UK Teacher of the Year award 2017/2018. He is currently Head of Sport and a teaching and learning coordinator at Worcester Sixth Form College where A level PE was graded as an ALPS 2 in 2018/19. He delivers CPD and revision sessions in his own college, local authority and at institutions around the country. He is an enthusiastic presenter who places a big emphasis on memory strategies and active learning. He is currently working as an examiner for a major awarding body.