ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course is intended to provide teachers who are about to start or in their first couple of years teaching A Level French, with all they need to teach their course effectively. It will equip delegates with the knowledge and skills needed to become an effective A level French teacher, focusing on the core areas of listening, reading, speaking and writing both in terms of classroom teaching ideas and preparation for the terminal examinations in these skill areas. This course brings a wealth of experience from the classroom and exam marking to provide delegates with tips on how to overcome issues in the classroom and to guide students to optimise their examination performance. The course will reflect current challenges and any modifications to the exam system.
BENEFITS OF COURSE
- Gain the latest understanding of the features of effective teaching and learning for A Level French.
- Address the challenges faced by teachers where students have missed vital lessons caused by the Covid pandemic and develop engaging ways to bridge the gaps.
- Take away practical advice for enhanced teaching and learning in the classroom.
- Examine methods to assess and maximise student progress through independence and confidence.
- Develop students’ skills in the four key areas of the language acquisition.
- Take away hints and advice to enhance student performance in the examinations in all 4 key
- Teach grammar, translation, and the films and books in an engaging manner
- Develop strategies to ensure students work autonomously and resiliently
|DATE & LOCATION
||London | Tuesday 05 July 2022
London | Tuesday 18 October 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- NQTs in MFL
- Teachers in first years of teaching A Level French
- Teachers seeking to increase their confidence in their teaching of A level French
- Notes prepared by the educational expert leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance