ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course will provide new art teachers with the key elements of the specification structure, teaching content and assessment. We will consider the requirements for Component 1, The Portfolio and understand the implication for teaching and learning. We will address the new requirements for the organisation of preparatory time and the supervised sessions for Component 2 externally set assignment. There will also be an exploratory exercise of general strategies for pupils to evidence appropriate drawing and written work in both components.
You are invited to bring examples of current student work to review and a blank A5 or bigger sketchbook to work in during the sessions.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Expand your range of teaching approaches and techniques. Hit exam board requirements and clearly meet mark band descriptors.
- Practical strategies for creative risk taking which leads to highest results.
- How to ‘sell the standards of the assessment objectives’ to your students. Reinvent and update approaches to the Fine Art curriculum.
||London | Monday 20 June 2022
London | Monday 07 November 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- New Art & Design Teachers
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance