ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course will consider what excellence in an Art & Design department looks like, and the role of the Head of Art & Design in helping to achieve and maintain such excellence.
It will examine strategies for successful curriculum mapping, departmental improvement plans, effective tracking and intervention models for optimizing teaching and learning, for managing teachers experienced and inexperienced, and for establishing and maintaining a position for Art & Design within a school.
This course is designed for current Heads of Art & Design and for anyone interested in holding such a position or in contributing to the management of an Art & Design department.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Consider what makes an Art & Design department excellent, and the role of the Head of Art & Design in achieving excellence
- Look at a range of strategies for improving and maintaining recruitment of students
- Look at ways in which a Head of Art & Design can develop and improve teaching and learning within the department
- Enhance their ability to lead, support and nurture teachers in the department
- Examine the yearly workload of a Head of Art & Design and the life cycle of the job
- Reflect on strategies for dealing with the challenges and making the most of the opportunities presented by a Head of Art & Design position
||London | Wednesday 22 June 2022
London | Wednesday 30 November 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Heads of Art
- Deputy/Assistant Heads of Art
- Art & Design Line managers
- All teachers wanting to raise student performance in Art
- Experienced Art teachers
- New Art teachers aspiring to lead their own department one day
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance