ABOUT THIS COURSE
These are exciting and challenging times to lead in Languages.
This course will consider what excellence in a Languages department looks like, and the role of the Head of Languages in helping to achieve and maintain such excellence. It will examine strategies for successful recruitment of students, for optimizing teaching and learning, for managing teachers experienced and inexperienced, and for establishing and maintaining a position for Languages within a school. It will conclude with an overview of what the working year of a Head of Languages involves, and of the opportunities and challenges the job presents at various stages in its life cycle. It will offer constructive, pragmatic advice derived from experience, and will aim to incorporate lively discussion and question-and-answer sessions. Delegates will leave equipped with effective practical strategies and ideas
This course is designed for current Heads of Languages and for anyone interested in holding such a position or in contributing to the management of a Languages department.
BENEFITS OF COURSE
- Considered what makes a Languages department excellent, and the role of the Head of Languages in achieving excellence
- Looked at a range of strategies for improving and maintaining recruitment of students
- Looked at ways in which a Head of Languages can develop and improve teaching and learning within the department
- Enhanced their ability to lead, support and nurture teachers in the department
- Examined the yearly workload of a Head of Languages and the life cycle of the job
- Reflected on strategies for dealing with the challenges and making the most of the opportunities presented by a Head of Languages position
|DATE & LOCATION
||London | Friday 24 June 2022
London | Friday 21 October 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Heads of Languages Departments
- Aspiring Heads of Languages Departments
- Heads of Languages Faculties
- Senior Leaders responsible for Languages
- Notes prepared by the educational expert leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance