ABOUT THIS COURSE
Under the Ofsted EIF, subject leaders are crucial to inspection success and the quality of their subject curriculums are the main focus of ‘deep dives’. Identifying faculty underperformance and supporting subject leaders to tackle this is therefore vital.
This course, aimed at senior leaders responsible for Faculty performance, is focused especially on effective practical approaches, methods and strategies for senior leaders to take back into their schools/academies to actively work with, and support middle leaders in improving the quality of their Faculties and Departments.
The practical nature of the course will build in time for discussion, sharing of ideas, resources, as well as hearing from renowned leadership expert, Matt Bromley.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Gain strategies to ensure your curriculum continues to be ambitious, broad and balanced, and continues to tackle social justice issues
- Explore ways of supporting subject leaders to develop and audit effective disciplinary curricula
- Examine evidence-based approaches to improving pedagogy including ways of converting cognitive science into classroom practice
- Learn ways of supporting pedagogical developments through effective teacher CPD
- Explore ways of improving the quality of teaching through effective quality assurance
- Examine the central tenets of an effective whole-school assessment policy
- Understand ways of sense-checking assessment practices for their purpose, process and validity and of ensuring teacher marking and feedback are meaningful, manageable and motivating
- Examine ways of using the curriculum as a means of meaningful assessment
||Online | Tuesday 3 May 2022
London | Friday 8 July 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Senior leaders responsible overall Faculty performance
- Senior leaders responsible for teaching and learning
- Senior leaders responsible for the whole-school assessment and data
- Senior Leaders responsible for whole school high expectations, high progress and attainment
||You can also book this as an in-school course
- A specially prepared folder of 50+ pages full of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- CPD Certificate of attendance