ABOUT THIS CONFERENCE
This exciting, interactive and refreshed OCR GCSE PE programme will provide students with a motivational, informative and valuable revision day. Specially designed by practicing senior examiners, the day will will allow your students to gain greater understanding of the requirements of the examinations and how to improve their performance in them, whilst gaining motivational support and advice on OCR GCSE PE and high performance sport.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- A refreshed GCSE PE conference for 2020, ensuring students are fully prepared for the 2020 exams.
- Fully interactive day, engaging, informative; the specification brought to life in engaging sessions
- Expert guidance from examiners on improving performance in the multiple choice, short answer and extended questions
- Take away a new set of notes which give excellent revision advice and demonstrate the levels required for success
|DATE AND LOCATION||Coventry|
|IN-SCHOOL||You can also book this as an In-School Conference|
10.00 – 10.30am
Welcome and Introduction
- Setting the scene for the day
- Video montage of sporting clips and achievements (student interactive task)
- MOTIVATIONAL OPENING: Craig Heap, Olympic gymnast – linking key GCSE focus areas to professional challenges and successes
10.30 – 11.15am
Mastering the content of the paper 1- Physical factors affecting performance
- Introduction to ‘having a plan’- including time suggestions and exam technique to ensure success
- Common / likely exam mistakes and how to avoid them, to ensure students stand out
- EXAMINER TIPS: How to best to prepare and maximise your success in extended questions (6 marks)
- Applied anatomy and physiology brought to life: using these well in exams
Morning break – submit your questions to win a prize
Paper 1 continued including applying the principles of training
- Physical training: components of fitness and their application. Applying the principles of training.
- Working through the assessment objectives – what these are and why they really matter
- Student Activity: Interactive 6 mark exam question section
Introduction to Paper 2: Engagement patterns and commercialisation
- Key topics and concepts from Paper 2 and how they can be examined
- Common / likely exam mistakes – what did examiners see in 2019?
- EXAMINER TIPS: How to best prepare and maximise success in extended questions (6 mark)
- Socio-cultural influences brought to life (interactive student activity)
- Sports psychology – how to approach this topic area
1.20 – 1.30pm
- Chaired by Craig Heap, more time to hear about (and see) key successes. A chance to ask direct questions to all speakers with a prize awarded for the best question.
1.30 – 2.40
Paper 2 continued – sports psychology and health, fitness and well-being
- Sports psychology continued: what are the examiners looking for in top level responses
- Health, fitness and well-being – extending your learning to improve exam answers, including what a good answer looks like
2.40 – 3.00pm
Final Top Tips and inter-school quiz
- INTER SCHOOL QUIZ led by Craig Heap: applying the key conference content – with full student involvement and prizes for the best performers!
- KEY POINTS from each of the presenters: how to improve your final grade
Education consultant, Senior Examiner, author and training provider
Experienced teacher, lecturer and senior examiner with national and international background in PE examinations
Olympic gymnast, ‘Sporting Champion’ and media commentator
One free teacher place for every 10 student places
Additional teachers £35+VAT
Individual teachers £80+VAT