ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course offers an introduction and overview to teaching AQA A-level Dance for all teachers new to Dance A level, are in their first 3 years of teaching the course, or for anyone lacking confidence in delivering the course effectively.
The programme will take delegates through the specific aspects of each assessed component including the NEA and written examinations and will provide a range of effective practical strategies, and approaches, develop strategies for successful planning to increase confidence and ensure strong outcomes for students.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Provide teachers of A-level Dance with the material and confidence to teach A Level Dance effectively
- Gain in depth understanding of the key challenge areas and how to teach them
- Gain practical strategies for teaching dance technique, choreography and performance that can be differentiated across the range of dance students
- Gain insight into the content, the exam structure and the how exams are marked.
- Take away a set of resources and scheme of work for the full 2 year course
- Understanding of how to differentiate using scaffold and stretch strategies for essay writing
- Understand the exams, mark schemes, standards and what examiners and moderators will be looking for
- Understand the gap between GCSE and A-Level Dance
- Learn how to prepare students for external exams after TAGS
||London | Friday 20 May 2022
London | Friday 11 November 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Teacher new to A Level Dance
- Teachers in their first three years of teaching A-Level Dance
- Heads of Dance
- Heads of Performing Arts
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance
- On arrival at this course delegates will receive a specially prepared file containing detailed notes and resources which will be of immediate practical benefit in leading a successful Dance department