Raising the Performance of Subject Departments in Your School
What could our new programme do for your school?
Following requests we have received from schools for subject specific support for individual teachers, whole departments and leadership of teaching and learning, we are delighted to now introduce our NEW Outstanding Departments Programme.
The programme focuses particularly on raising standards of teaching and learning both within and across departments. It is a practical, active programme where our teams of subject specific experts work in schools to raise individual teacher and department performance levels to ensure that subject areas are working at the highest levels.
The programme is unique in that it gets to the depth of improving teaching and learning in departments, focus is on the key areas, bringing subject specific experts to you, covering questions such as ‘what is the teaching like in the department? Why are the results not as good as expected? Why are particular subjects performing less well than others?’
The focus of the programme is to improve overall performance standards across the department. Our experts will not be working on simply improving specific lessons, but on generating overall improvements in teaching and learning to raise performance levels across the department. The programme is highly practical and hands-on, working with you to make the necessary improvements.
We will work with you to:
- Enhance standards of teaching and learning in specific subject areas with individual teachers or with groups of teachers
- Work on examination board specification teaching to improve exam results
- Embed thinking skills in planning and teaching to the highest levels
- Assess current teaching, learning and assessment skills and give practical subject specific advice in how to improve
- Offer tailored practical strategies and approaches to suit student group dynamics and individual school priorities
- Improve tracking, monitoring and assessment across a department, assessing the extent to which changes made impact on raised standards
- Explore how individual departments are maintaining standards against other departments in the school and, also utilising latest educational thinking
- Embed a coherent programme of learning and teaching which works across the year groups from Years 7-13