ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course, new for Spring 2022, is aimed for all teachers of A level Physics, regardless of exam board, who are looking to develop effective strategies to stimulate their students’ skills and understanding of physics at A-level.
The A-level physics curriculum presents students with significant challenges both in content and depth of understanding needed to master the subject. In this course we will focus on realistic ways to teach important physics concepts and enable students to make sustainable and visible progress. The focal point of the course is to develop effective classroom techniques. We will explore proven tools and methodologies to develop students’ confidence and competence in their understanding and application of physics concepts and how to relate them to their own experience, hence increasing their Science Capital.
We will also consider contemporary educational research, e.g. cognitive load theory, and its implications for the physics classroom, as well as developing effective strategies to elicit and use students’ misconceptions to develop deeper learning. Teachers will leave this course with a wealth of proven classroom strategies and tools ready for use the next day, including ready-made teaching and learning resources to use with their students.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Gain a wealth of effective teaching ideas, strategies and approaches to stimulate students’ skills and understanding at A Level
- Gain a range of practical strategies to develop students’ depth of understanding needed to master the subject.
- Gain insight into realistic ways to teaching important physics concepts at A Level
- Find out more about how, and when, to embed assessment, retrieval practice and effectively monitor pupil’s progress
- Applying differentiation in A Level Physics
- Develop effective strategies to elicit and use students’ misconceptions to develop deeper learning
|DATES & LOCATION
||London | Tuesday 14 June 2022
London | Tuesday 15 November 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Heads of Science and/or Physics
- Teachers of Physics
- ECT Science Teachers
- Non-specialist teachers of physics
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance