ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course is aimed at supporting all teachers of A-level Ancient History in teaching the course, to prepare students thoroughly, in both years, for examinations which have an increased demand and primary source content.
We will consider the all aspects of the course, including the key challenges and consider strategies that can be put in place in order to boost student performance while also stretching our high achievers. It will identify useful teaching and assessment methodologies, highlighting the various question types and Assessment objectives.
The overall thrust of the course is to ensure that teachers are best able to equip their students for the 2023 examinations in A level Ancient History
There will also be time built into the course to consider the issue of student recruitment and induction in order to ensure longevity and success.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Ensure teacher understanding of examination requirements for first examination cycle;
- Maximise student attainment for first examination cycle;
- Allow all students the opportunity to be successful with all question types;
- Develop approaches that will stretch more able students and support those requiring more assistance.
- Explore ways to tackle the induction period when students are entirely new to the ancient world.
- Explore ways to enhance the effectiveness of your feedback in large group settings
- Take away fresh ideas, approaches and methods that keep students confident and motivated
|DATE & LOCATION
||London | Monday 13 June 2022
London | Monday 05 December 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Heads of Classics
- All teachers of OCR A-Level Ancient History
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance