ABOUT THIS COURSE
This intensive one-day course will focus on raising the attainment of lower attaining students in AQA GCSE Design and Technology. We will focus on building knowledge and exam skills, particularly in the areas lower attaining students tend to struggle; how to gain vital additional marks in key exam questions; and on effective strategies to maximise performance in the non-exam assessment (NEA).
The course will be delivered by a high performing teacher who has consistently delivered exceptional value added, including as head of department in one of the most challenging schools in the country.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Understand the barriers to success for lower attaining students in D&T and how these can be overcome
- Embed the teaching of exam techniques to enhance the performance of lower ability students for linear exams
- Utilise strategies to encourage independent learning and improve exam performance
- Develop effective techniques to help lower ability learners to retain knowledge, understand concepts and develop skills
- Sharing good practice
|DATE & LOCATION
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Heads of department (Art or Design Technology)
- Teachers who are delivering the AQA GCSE Design & Technology Specification
- Teachers who are considering changing to AQA GCSE Design & Technology specification
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of 50+ pages full of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance
- Two course restaurant lunch
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Guaranteed high quality venues