ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course addresses the key concerns in the Ofsted report ‘Key Stage 3: The Wasted Years’ and how senior leaders can ensure the answer to the question that forms the title is a firm ‘no’.
This course explores Ofsted’ recommendations in detail and offers help and advice on how to lead an effective Key Stage 3 in order to ensure that no time in a child’s education is wasted but instead is fruitful, enjoyable and rewarding.
During the day, delegates will focus on how Key Stage 3 can be made a higher priority in all aspects of school planning, monitoring and evaluation including improving transition between KS2 and 3 with better cross-phrase partnerships, designing a broad, balanced and high quality curriculum, ensuring systems and procedures of assessing and monitoring progress are robust and effective, ensuring homework helps pupils to make good progress, and establishing literacy and numeracy strategies which ensure pupils build on their prior attainment.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Know how to prioritise Key Stage 3 in all aspects of school planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure a broad, balanced and high quality curriculum offer which prepares students for the challenges of KS4 & 5
- Improve transition from KS2 with better cross-phase partnerships to ensure an academic focus which builds on prior knowledge and skills
- Create robust systems and procedures for assessing and monitoring pupils’ progress at KS3
- Gain strategies to close the achievement gap of disadvantaged pupils, including the most able
- Develop highly effective literacy and numeracy strategies
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Head teachers and senior leaders
- Leaders with curriculum, department, teaching and learning, pastoral, transition responsibilities
- Teachers of KS3 / KS3 co-ordinators
- It is also suitable for Primary School leaders and those responsible for cross-phase transition
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of 50+ pages full of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance
- Two course restaurant lunch
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Guaranteed high quality venues