ABOUT THIS COURSE
This revised course will be held in a Dance Studio with some of the sessions as Practical sessions.
The day is aimed for all A level Dance teachers looking to expand their range of methods and pick up fresh approaches to teaching Component 1. It will also be of benefit to newer teachers as an excellent platform for extended thinking in the performance sections of A level Dance.
The day is practically based, teachers will experience a number of practical workshops, and gain a full toolkit of teaching methods during the day that they can be transferred directly back into their own classroom or dance studio.
The course will focus equally on all three practical areas of Component 1.
Using practical workshop activities, alongside discussing resource materials, teachers explore ways of inspiring and giving their student access to a wider practical skills base and maximise their potential for achieving in the exam performances
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Explore practical workshop activities to enable the delivery of meaningful responses to Component 1.
- Gain knowledge of exactly what examiners are looking for and how that translates inside the classroom/studio on a day-to-day basis.
- Increase understanding of the marking criteria, share ideas
- Gain understanding of the performance and choreographic process
- Take away examples of performance and choreographic ‘best practice’.
- Take away resource and material ideas that can used within planning and lessons times themselves.
||London | Friday 24 June 2022
London | Thursday 24 November 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- A Level Dance teachers
- Heads of Dance
- Heads of PE
- Heads of Performing Arts
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance