ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course, revised for autumn 2021, is an advanced course offering in –depth training for teachers looking for ideas and approaches which will help their students achieve the highest level in Pearson Paper 1.
Led by noted examiner, teacher and writer Robin Bunce, the course focuses on ways of tackling the key challenges of Paper 1; teachers will gain critical insight into the complexity of assessment in order to gain a better understanding of the standard applied by examiners. The course will also outline a range of pedagogical skills to ensure that all learners thrive in the history classroom while achieving mastery over the core concepts and content of the syllabus.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Take away approaches to teaching breath contents and concepts in the context of the Edexcel/Pearson A Level Course.
- Gain critical insight into the complexity needed for assessment and success in Pearson A level History Paper 1
- Engage with new ideas, approaches to motivate, inspire and challenge students
- Learn how to boost initial and detailed subject knowledge and understanding
- Develop practical strategies to stretch and challenge students
- Obtain examiner-led insight into what makes for high quality essays and interpretations responses in Sections A, B and C
||London | Thursday 23 June 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All teachers of Edexcel/Pearson A Level History
- Teachers who specialise in Edexcel/Pearson Paper 1 Breadth Study with Interpretations
- Teachers looking to move to Edexcel/Pearson A level History
- Heads of History
- History NQTs
- History Teachers qualifying through Teach First
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance