This course is aimed at equipping Maths teachers to deliver the new Core Maths qualifications.
These qualifications are for post-16 students who want to maintain and enhance their valuable Maths skills without studying AS or A level Maths. Relevant for any of the assessment boards’ Core Maths qualifications, this day will provide practical guidance about implementing and managing Core Maths as well as providing a range of teaching approaches, resources and assessment support to use with students.
Addressing the skills’ gap in basic maths skills, the Level 3 Core Maths qualifications provide additional support to those students studying subjects such as social sciences, business, psychology, sciences and health sciences, who are not taking AS or A level Maths, as well as counting towards performance tables from 2017 onwards.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Understand how Sixth Forms will be judged on Core Maths uptake
- Explore how Core Maths will support other areas of the curriculum, both vocational and academic
- Understand where quantitative skills studied in Core Maths, fit into the new A level specifications for a wide range of subjects
- Enhance your ability to deliver problem solving for Core Maths
- Take away a full range of teaching approaches and resources for the Core Maths topics
London, Thursday 15 June 2017
||Heads of Mathematics
All teachers of the Core maths qualification
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
| Detailed notes
|| On-line materials
| Powerpoint presentations
|| CPD Certificate
| High quality training facilities
|| Sit-down buffet lunch