ABOUT THIS COURSE
This new practical day is aimed at ECTs and those teaching AQA GCSE Science in their first years. This practical course is also aimed at those involved in teaching and leadership in Science.
The course is designed around the ‘Working Scientifically’ assessment objectives and will provide ECTs and those in their early years of teaching with the skills to support students to apply practical knowledge to key exam questions.
Delegates will get the opportunity to carry out required Practical’s, on three key challenging topics that students struggle with when answering exam questions. Covering everything from the setup to delivery to ensure that practical skills are competently delivered to scaffold understanding of complex scientific experiments outlined in the Science curriculum. Delegates will also gain insight into the main learning outcomes and assessment standards required by the AQA specification.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Apply practical knowledge to key exam questions.
- Gain a better insight into Practical’s that students often find challenging
- How to overcome practical knowledge gaps
- Gain a better understanding of the AT strands for choosing and using appropriate lab apparatus to encourage experimental problem-solving and enquiry-based activities.
- Explore opportunities for students to develop their practical Science skills required for further study or jobs in STEM subjects.
||Henry Cort College, Portsmouth | Friday 21 October 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- ECT Teachers of Science
- New Teachers of AQA GCSE Science
- Experienced AQA Science Teachers that wish to refresh their practical skills
- Heads of Teaching and Learning in Science
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance