ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course is intended to provide teachers who are about to start or in their first couple of years teaching AQA A level Philosophy, with all they need to teach their course effectively and well. It will equip delegates with the knowledge and skills needed to become a confident, successful A level Philosophy teacher, ideologies and analysis of contemporary politics, both in terms of classroom teaching ideas and preparation for the terminal examinations in these skill areas.
This course brings a wealth of both examiner and practitioner experience to provide teachers with tips on how to overcome issues in the classroom and to guide students to optimise their examination performance.
The course will reflect current challenges and any modifications to the exam system.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Gain strategies on how to plan the course and manage the content in a two-year course
- Learn what level of depth is appropriate
- Learn how to ensure students keep up with latest philosophical issues and how to apply them to their existing understanding
- Develop a confident understanding of the specifications, assessment and mark schemes to develop the skills student need
- Analyse a range of sample answers to understand the standard and how students can achieve it
|DATE & LOCATION
||London | Tuesday 17 May 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- NQTs in Philosophy
- Philosophy teachers in their first few years of teaching A-Level Philosophy
- Heads of Religious Studies
||You can also book this as an In-School Course
- A specially prepared folder of 50+ pages full of detailed notes, practical advice and guidance
- Notes prepared by the educational experts leading the course
- Expert produced PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate of attendance
- Two course restaurant lunch
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Guaranteed high quality venues