AQA A-Level Chemistry Student Revision Conference
This fully revised for 2022 in school will provide students with a motivational revision day, at which they will be given top quality guidance and advice from leading senior A Level Chemistry examiners and teaching experts for A level Chemistry. Throughout the day, students will actively participate in relevant, focused sessions with an emphasis on how to improve their grades. The conference focuses on some of the challenging areas students need to understand for success in the 2022 examinations.
The revision conference will also include feedback from the AQA examboard on what students need to do to maximise grades.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain first hand guidance and advice from highly experienced examiners, presenters and leading subject experts
- Reinforce and enhance your understanding of the key themes of A level Chemistry to ensure top level responses
- Benefit from examiner insight: how to improve grades and what gets the marks
- Exceptional advice on the skills, depth of understanding required to achieve high grades in A Level Chemistry
- Take away a full set of conference notes, written by the presenters themselves
10:15-10.25: Welcome and introductions
10:25 – 11:15: The movement of electrons: A key linking theme
- Succeeding on the movement of electrons; how to make vital links to improve your exam responses.
- Highlight where student’s struggle and key things to remember.
- Oxidation states
- Half equations – tips on how to ensure you get them right
- Electrode potentials: What they are and how to use them
- Success in answering exam questions: what are the examiners looking for?
11:35 – 12:40: Challenging topics in Organic chemistry
Focus on the tough, challenging areas in examination, exploring where students go wrong and key ideas to get the top grades:
- Aromatic chemistry, what you MUST know and ways to remember
- Organic nitrogen compounds
- Optical isomerism
- NMR analysis
- Making the most of Levels of Response questions; looking at exemplar answers
12:40 – 1:20: Lunch
1.20 – 1.30: Ask the Expert
Student questions on A-level Chemistry are answered by our experts
1.20 – 2:15: Routes through extended calculations to maximise marks
- Successful techniques for mole calculations
- Rates of reaction: getting the most from the data
- The Arrhenius equation and how to use it
- Calculating Kc and Kp
- Planning exam answers, checks and things to remember
2:15 – 2.45: Transition metals all you need to know to get top marks
- Electronic configurations of elements and ions
- Ligands and complex ions
- Catalytic behaviour
- Tackling practical questions in the exam: reviewing successful answers
2.45 – 3.30: Synthetic routes: enhance your exam performance
- Functional groups and functioning molecules
- What information do organic molecules reveal?
- Steps in synthesis
- How to follow the ‘signposts’ in A Level questions
- What do A/A* responses look like on the harder questions
3.30-3. 40 : Final Top Tips
One free teacher place for every 10 student places
Additional teachers £35+VAT
Individual teachers £80+VAT