ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Learn how to engage your students in activities that encourage ‘synoptic thinking’ in A Level Physical Education.
This webinar includes a set of notes which will be sent in advance for teachers to use with their students and which students will be able to use after the webinar to improve their synoptic approach to extended questions.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
This interactive webinar will provide you with:
- A designated approach for your department to adopt, improving synoptic thinking
- Specific strategies to encourage students to think more synoptically and articulate synoptic AO3 answers
- A set of notes and activities that can be used by students studying at home
- Many examples of synoptic style questions and sample answers
- Particular focus on a wide variety of topics from the AQA A Level PE course
|WEBINAR DATE||Wednesday 7 July 2021 – 4pm|
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?||
|IN-SCHOOL||You can also book this as an In-School Course|
4.00 – 4.05 pm Welcome & Introduction
4.05 4.15pm: Synoptic Thinking: Overview of the difference the approach can make
- Improving A guide to developing a department approach to synoptic thinking
- Examples of good practice and an overview of the difference the approach can make
4.15- 4.30 Tools and Techniques to develop a ‘synoptic approach’ with students in Year 12
- How to design questions and promote further learning
4.30- 5.15pm practical strategies and approaches with particular topics, and how they can link to other areas of the course
- Use of targeted resources that can be used immediately with students studying from Home
4.45- 5.00 Interactive activities which develop a successful AO3 response
- Example answers to improve and benchmark marking from
Ross is Principal Moderator and Coursework Advisor for a major exam board. He has managed a strong team of teachers in one of the country’s largest and most successful providers of A Level Physical Education and brings a wealth of experience to this course. Ross has a strong reputation for delivering focused and informative INSET courses and is a regular provider of articles and information to a number of educational periodicals. He provides educational consultancy in schools/ colleges around the country.