Monday 09 November 2020 – 4pm (1 hr)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Provide your students with a boost in their exam preparation, with this focused one-hour webinar on the AQA GCSE PE Paper 2.
This webinar will provide your students with:
- Strategy to approach the examination
- Confidence to tackle successfully the most difficult topics from paper 2
- An insight in the standards expected by the examiners with specific references to recent Examiner Reports
- Practical tips on how to answer the extended questions
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All students of AQA GCSE PE
4.00pm – Welcome, introductions and sound check
4.05pm – Part 1: Dealing with sports psychology and socio-cultural influences
- Plan of action for the multiple choice questions
- Key features and aspects of sports psychology and how to remember these
- Applying your knowledge of sports psychology and socio-cultural issues
- What the examiner is expecting to see – analysing question samples and types including the 6 and 9 mark questions
4.30pm – Part 2: Dealing with health, fitness and well-being
- Provide practical ways to remember aspects of health, fitness and well-being
- ‘Quick wins’ in revision and how topics can be summarised
- Looking more closely at what a good 6 or 9 mark response would include
- Final tips and advice
5:00pm – Finish
Ross is Principal Moderator and Coursework Advisor for a major exam board. He has managed a strong team of teachers in one of the country’s largest and most successful providers of A Level Physical Education and brings a wealth of experience to this course. Ross has a strong reputation for delivering focused and informative INSET courses and is a regular provider of articles and information to a number of educational periodicals. He provides educational consultancy in schools/ colleges around the country.