ABOUT THIS COURSE
This NEW course aims to provide a toolkit for the member of SLT who co-ordinates TA provisions in the school or the SLT member who is responsible for whole school SEL/Wellbeing of SEL/Wellbeing strategies and approaches. Support staff, including Teaching Assistants, working 1:1 and small groups with a SEL/ Wellbeing focus in a school.
Previous experience of leading wellbeing with students is not necessary. Each session has an individual specific focus and includes tried and tested ideas to take away and put into practice immediately with your students.
This course can also be brought into your school, and tailored accordingly, if required.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Clear understanding of how to use TAs to deliver your SEL/Wellbeing provision in school
- How to implement a whole school plan
- The skills to implement a whole school SEL provision
- Improving understanding of Mindfulness based strategies that help students
- Tried and tested practical strategies to use with individuals and small groups
- Deep dive of psychology relating to small group work
- Take away resources to use immediately
|COURSE DATES||London | Tuesday 05 October 2021|
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?||
|IN-SCHOOL||You can also book this as an in-school course|
10.00 – 11.00am
Improving understanding of Mindfulness based strategies that help students?
- How can it help at school – for you and your students
- Introduction to breathing and concentration practices
11.00 – 11.20am
Discussion: coffee break
11.20 – 12.20pm
Tried and tested practical strategies to use with individuals and small groups
- Tried and tested practices to calm anger or anxiety
- Leading a mindful pause
- How to listen mindfully
12.20 – 1.00pm
Mindful Movement – Workshop
- Linking breath to simple movement that can be done in a classroom
- Using balance and co-ordination to improve concentration
1.00 – 2.00pm
Lunch and informal discussion
2.00 – 2.45pm
Deep dive of psychology relating to small group work
- Practical tasks to develop students resilience
- Understanding why others behave as they do
- Learning to accept that others do think differently to us and don’t always agree with us
2.45 – 3.30pm
Tool kit of practical approaches
- Active and proven ways to improve SEL/Wellbeing provision in schools
3.30 – 3.45pm
has worked as a Senior leader in Secondary Schools for many years being responsible for Teaching & Learning, Safeguarding and Wellbeing.
a Specialist Leader in Education with over 30 years teaching experience in state secondary schools and numerous years experience as an examiner at GCSE level and as a regional and national teacher trainer.