Tuesday 23 March 2021 – 4pm
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Ensure your students are prepared as well as possible on the Issues and Debates topic for their exam preparation with this focused one-hour webinar on AQA A Level Psychology Paper 3.
Boost student confidence and understanding of how to reach the top levels in Psychology.
This interactive webinar will provide your students with:
A focus on key areas of issues & debates topics, including:
- Idiographic & nomothetic approaches
- Free will & determinism
- How to select and use research evidence to gain AO3 credit
- Building detail into AO1 responses to maximize marks gained
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All students of AQA GCSE Psychology
Benefits of this Webinar
- Gain an understanding of key areas of the Paper 3 issues & debates topic
- Focus on content essential to the formation of top-level answers
- Focus on pitfalls to avoid
- Learn strategies to create answers giving access to top-band marks
- Obtain a set of useful revision resources, sent to you in advance, to assist your study of these topics before and after the webinar takes place
4.00pm – Introduction, welcome and sound check
4.05pm – Issues and debates: dealing with the key topic area
- Idiographic versus nomothetic debate; defining the key points
- How the different psychological approaches relate to the idiographic versus nomothetic debate
4.20pm – How to select and use research evidence to access top-band marks
- Selecting the right research evidence for the right question
- What examiners want to see – and not see – when using research evidence in exam answers
4.30pm – Student Activity: examining answers on research evidence
- Feedback on student responses – why did they get each mark?
4.35 pm – Issues & debates: Focus on key topic areas
- Free will versus determinism; defining the key points
- Free will and determinism within the different psychological approaches
4.50 pm – Demonstrating knowledge and understanding of scientific ideas
- Building detail into responses that require knowledge and understanding
4.55pm – Student Activity
- Assessing the quality of student responses: what can you learn from these?
Jean-Marc is an experienced A-level examiner, lecturer and teacher of psychology and has written many highly regarded books on the subject. He has also worked in a senior capacity for several exam boards and has a wealth of experience and advice to give to teachers and students of the subject.