DATE:Tuesday 11 February 2020: 4pm (1hr)
Thursday 30 April 2020: 4 pm (1hr)
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Provide your students with a final boost in their exam preparation, with this focused one-hour webinar on the Pearson Edexcel History Paper 2.
This webinar includes a set of notes which will be sent in advance for teachers to use with their students and which students will be able to use after the webinar to improve their examination revision.
This interactive webinar will provide your students with:
- Understanding of how to assess Value for the historical source question
- Skills in assessing and analysing historical sources – and learn what to avoid writing
- Focus on what makes an excellent Depth essay – and pitfalls to avoid
- An insight in the standards expected by the examiners with specific references to recent Examiner Reports
- Ideas on how to write detailed, yet concise essays in examination conditions.
Welcome, introductions and sound check
Part 1: Dealing with sources
- How to judge utility in a source
- Distinguishing between information and opinion
- Balancing content and provenance in your answer
- Integrating context with evaluation
Part 2: Depth essays
- What does an outstanding answer look like
- Structuring your answer – ensuring you have made a judgment and supported it throughout.
- Avoiding common pitfalls in your answer
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All students of Pearson Edexcel A-level History
Alana is an experienced examiner and Head of History, with ten years experience as Head of Department and over twenty years teaching experience in range of educational contexts. She is a Senior Examiner with a leading examination board in addition to being a moderator and examiner for various boards. She has acted as a Subject Reviewer for the CCEA and Ofqual, and has presented at GCSE student conferences.