Are you knee-deep in implementing new curriculum changes? This course provides the key to mapping linear curriculum plans which maximise learning and progress from year 7 to the end of their course.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Embed content, mastery and retention to maximise personalised progress.
- Address issues of reluctant learners in MFL
- Identify content and skills for successful personalised outcomes
- Balance content delivery with relevant opportunities to apply learning
- Deal effectively with spontaneous classroom talk and authentic language use
London, Monday 26 June 2017
London, Wednesday 18 October 2017
|WHO FOR?||Teachers of languages
Heads of Languages
|IN-SCHOOL||You can also book this as an In-School Course|
10.00 - 11.15am: Curriculum review and planning
- The route from Y7 to beyond expected progress targets
- Identify core milestones & planning for incremental development
- How to create long and medium term curriculum plans
11.15 - 11.35am: Discussion: coffee break
11.35 - 12.45pm: Curriculum content and design
- What to teach: grammar, vocabulary and cultural understanding
- Meeting the challenges of a more challenging curriculum
- Planning, assessment, reinforcement to ensure no child gets off-track
- How to revisit learning whilst still engaging learners
12.45 - 1.45pm: Lunch and informal discussion
1.45 - 2.45pm: Curriculum delivery and getting the pedagogy right
- How to challenge students to apply learning and demonstrate mastery
- Keeping the subject lively, the learning active, and building independence
- Building in effective differentiation, stretch and challenge at all levels
2.45 - 2.50pm: Discussion: coffee break
2.50 - 3.45pm: Workshop
- Practical session for delegates to work on own curriculum plans
- Share best practice with colleagues around the table
- Walk away from the day with some of the work done!
Tim Guilford: A former Senior Leader from a school in London, Tim Guilford is passionate about teaching and learning. Tim taught languages for 25 years, has worked with Ofqual and has many years’ examining experience.