ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
This webinar will provide teachers with new and stimulating ideas for delivering the GCSE Christianity options in all the English Religious Studies specifications including Eduqas. Its aim is to ensure that teaches are aided to provide relevant and accurate teaching of Christianity and can avoid the many misconceptions which often appear in Christianity materials. In particular it aims to present Christianity as a ‘lived’ religion rather than simply a text book factual study.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Gain a clear understanding of the demands of the RS Christianity papers in the specifications.
- Ensure that the study is approached as a worldwide ‘lived’ religion and not a purely Anglocentric one as is found in many textbooks.
- Develop teachers understanding of the religion and avoiding misconceptions and inaccuracies
- Aid in the development of new and stimulating approaches to this study
Introduction, welcome and sound check
The Religious Studies specifications for the study of Christianity
- What the specifications require – and going beyond teaching to the test
- Question papers
- How are they assessed
- Levels of response
Key points in teaching Christianity
- Christianity as a ‘lived’ religion worldwide
- Key denominational differences and how to convey these well
- Common misconceptions and inaccuracies
- Stimulating approaches to teaching Christianity
- Analysing student responses
Approaches to Christianity
- Stimulating and challenging approaches to Christianity
- Using the media in teaching Christianity
- Strategies to achieve the best grades in Christianity papers
- Reviewing students’ AO1/AO2 essays answers