ABOUT THIS COURSE
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Develop an enhanced understanding of the challenges facing schools and teachers in the age of the current Covid-19 Pandemic
- Explore the long-term impacts of the pandemic on young learners, parents, teachers and schools
- Find out the current situation involving public examinations
- Investigate what Ofsted says about schools, education, standards and caring for children in the current circumstances
- Take away useful lessons and strategies from locked-down education that can help you move your school forward in this time of uncertainty
London | Wednesday 9 February 2022
London | Friday 17 June 2022
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?||
|IN-SCHOOL||You can also book this as an in-school course|
10.00 – 11:15am: The Impact of Education Under Lockdown
- Motivation, Learning and the Ability to Learn
- Moving forward after lockdown; leading student (and teacher) recovery
- Evaluating your department: where are you now?
- What are you doing well? Where are the gaps?
11-15 – 11.30am: Break
11.30 – 12.30pm: Moving Forward After Lockdown
- Re-engaging staff and students for post-lockdown schooling: how will you lead them?
- Focusing on lost learning and catching up: encouraging innovation of practice and curriculum provision.
- Exploring our Intent, Implementation and Impact in the post-lockdown world: what should our curriculum look like?
- Reflection and target-setting for planned development and sustained school improvement
12.30 – 1.30pm: Lunch
1.30 – 3:15pm: Facing Up to Ofsted in the Post-Lockdown World
- What does the new Ofsted framework say to schools? What challenges does the framework set school leaders?
- How can these challenges be prioritised and met so that standards are not only maintained but improved?
- What will Ofsted be looking for as they inspect schools in 2022-5?
- What lessons were learned during lockdown to help us with raising standards?
- How can we restore and rebuild resilience in ourselves, our students and our teachers?
- Preparing our students to re-engage with public examinations: what will those examinations look like and what demands will they make? How will we set appropriate targets for our students and what support will they (and us) need?
2.15 – 2:25pm: Afternoon Break
3.10 – 3.45pm Creating the Positivity to Thrive.
- How you can re-focus and develop your school and departmental ethos to support resilience, challenge and progression in the post-lockdown world
- Find out how to support and develop others in creating an outstanding teaching and learning environment that is fit for purpose in the current educational climate