ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
This interactive webinar is designed for teachers of Psychology across all exam boards and will provide a particular focus on one of the most challenging areas of the A level – Memory.
The session will provide essential tips on what the examiners are looking for and pitfalls to avoid, when teaching Memory. Join senior examiner Ali as he demonstrates the key points for teachers to focus upon.
The session will give you the opportunity to take away successful strategies, so you can return to your classrooms with the ideas, skills and conﬁdence to prepare for teaching this key topic.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Access exam technique tips to support you in preparing to achieve the very best results
- Gain in-depth understanding of the most challenging areas of Paper 1
- Obtain top level strategies for producing excellent answers to exam questions on memory
- Focus on top mark band requirements
- Avoid common faults and mistakes from previous exam answers on Memory
Memory – the key features
- Understanding the different types and features of memory
- Addressing the challenge of exam questions on memory
- What does top band work look like – and getting your students there
Understanding the main theories of memory
- Highlighting the differences between MSM and WMM
- Addressing exam questions on both models of memory
Using key research studies to help assess these models of memory
- Case studies of brain damaged patients such as HM and Clive Wearing
- Addressing exam questions using research evidence for memory
- Examining example answers to improve student performance
Ali is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors (FCIEA) and has recently had his textbook published by Hodder. He was a Principal Examiner with 13 years experience in writing Psychology exam papers and awarding grades for a major exam board. Ali is a regular speaker at Educational Conferences and has been providing INSET to schools and colleges nationally since 2003.